Many people consider their eyes their best feature. If you’d like to make your eyes stand out a little more, try these tips.
Start With Getting Enough Sleep
You don’t want people to notice your eyes because they are bloodshot or because they are surrounded by dark circles. Getting plenty of sleep is one of the best things you can do to make your eyes look more beautiful. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep. If you need help getting enough sleep at night, use these tips:
- Avoid looking at screens for at least an hour before going to bed.
- Avoid drinking coffee 6 hours before going to bed and avoid exercising 3 hours before bed.
- Use a fan to create white noise and lull yourself to sleep.
- Keep your bedroom cool.
- Listen to calm music to help yourself relax before bed.
Change Your Makeup Routine
A few changes to your makeup routine can make your eyes stand out:
- Use concealer or a highlighter near the inner and outer corners of the eyes.
- Avoid dark eye makeup unless you’re going for an evening look.
- Keep the rest of your makeup simple and subdued. If you wear bold, bright red lipstick, your mouth will pull focus away from your eyes.
Protect The Skin Near Your Eyes
The skin near your eyes is thin and fragile. Protect it to avoid wrinkles and help your eyes look their best.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Use a cool compress if you need to relieve itching, and see your eye doctor if the itching persists.
- Apply eye makeup gently with your ring finger.
- Always wash your makeup brushes and replace your eye makeup every few months.
- Never share eye makeup and always wash your makeup off before going to bed.
Get Longer, Fuller Lashes
Having longer, thicker, darker eyelashes will draw attention to your eyes. But extentions can be difficult to apply and even more difficult to remove when necessary. Instead, grow your own lashes in darker, longer, and thicker. Latisse is a prescription treatment that enhances your natural eyelashes. To learn more about this option, contact Dr. Richard D’Amico.