Are you tired of seeing bulges when you wear your favorite jeans? Is it time to feel more confident no matter what you are wearing? Liposuction may be your ticket. We consult with many patients, both men and women, who want to put the final touches on their weight loss, or who want to revive the contours that they once enjoyed, before a few extra pounds packed on and settled in. If you are in the exploration stages of a potential liposuction journey, you want to know what to do and what not to do in order to maximize your experience.
- Take time in your research. Liposuction has changed quite a bit over the past several years. Today, it is possible to choose tumescent liposuction, laser-assisted liposuction, ultrasound-assisted liposuction, and so on. All these choices can lead to confusion if you do not take time to understand how one may differ from another. This is where it can pay off to consult with a respected, experienced cosmetic plastic surgeon.
- In addition to carefully researching the procedure itself, you also want to put some investigative work into choosing your surgeon. We are happy to discuss Dr. D’Amico’s training and experience with you. Just give our office a call.
- Prepare to follow your pre- and post-op instructions to a T. These instructions are provided in order to expedite your healing and minimize risks, so follow them.
- Contact our office if you have any questions about your upcoming procedure, or if a concern arises during your recovery. We are here to support you through the entire process with friendly, compassionate service.
- Expect that your new skinny self will show up in the mirror right after your sedation wears off! Even with innovative technologies to assist the breakdown of fat prior to removal, there is a certain amount of trauma that is perceived by the body. As a result, there will be swelling and some minor bruising. Your gorgeous new figure will be revealed bit by bit, over the course of a month or two. Be patient.
- Smoke. Tobacco inhibits oxygen uptake to your tissues and cells. Oxygen is crucial to wound healing. Surgical instructions typically recommend that smoking be avoided for two weeks prior to and two weeks after any procedure.
Liposuction is one of the fastest and most effective ways to sculpt the body. For more information on this procedure, call 201-567-9595.
No comments yet.