Plastic Surgeon in New Jersey
Patients, medical professionals, and plastic surgeons in the New York metro area, and around the country, know and trust Richard A. D’Amico, MD the Medical Director of the Plastic Surgery Skin Care Center in Englewood.
He numbers among the accomplished plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and was the 2008 President of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the largest association of plastic surgeons in the world.
He has been a member of the Board of Directors of the
Society of Plastic Surgery Skin Care Specialists and the prestigious American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery where he serves on the Innovative Technology Committee, which evaluates and makes recommendations on the latest procedures and techniques performed in cosmetic surgery.
A ‘Top Rated’ Plastic Surgeon
Dr. D’Amico specializes in all aspects of facial rejuvenation and body contouring procedures including brow lift, upper and lower lid blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), face/neck lift (rhytidectomy), rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, laser resurfacing, BOTOX® and fillers, liposuction, abdominoplasty, inner thigh lift, brachioplasty, torsoplasty (body lift), breast surgery including breast reconstruction, breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift and post-bariatric surgery. He has helped thousands of men and women over his years in private practice – read patient testimonials from just a few of the many satisfied people he has been able to help.
Dr. D’Amico earned his medical degree at the New York University School of Medicine and served his internship at Georgetown University and his surgical residency at University of Rochester. He completed his plastic surgery fellowship at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City. He has been a board-certified plastic surgeon since 1986.
Dr. D’Amico is a past-president of the New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is a faculty member at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, where he is the Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery, and served for a decade as Chief of the Department of Plastic Surgery at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center.
Named as one of the best doctors in New York and New Jersey by New York Magazine and New Jersey Monthly, respectively, Dr. D’Amico lectures extensively and provides expert commentary on plastic surgery to national and international media including The Today Show, CNN, FOX News Channel, the BBC, French television, and Kenyan television; and has been interviewed by publications such as The New York Times, People Magazine, Business Week, N
ewsweek, and The Los Angeles Times.
Dr. D’Amico donates his time and reconstructive surgical skills to the needy, both in the United States and in developing countries. As past Surgical Director of Healing The Children – Midlantic Chapter, an all-volunteer humanitarian organization, he traveled to developing countries in Central America, Asia and Africa to perform surgery on children who suffer with deformities as a result of birth defects, accidents or disease.
The first step in achieving your cosmetic goals is to request a consultation with Dr. D’Amico. He enjoys spending time with you one-on-one to understand your objectives and give his professional opinion about the procedures that are best for you. You will never feel pressured to choose surgery and you will even have a second consultation visit (included with your fee) to bring along family or loved ones and ask follow-up questions. The consultation fee is applied toward any surgical procedure you choose. We are also happy to schedule appointments by phone at (201) 567-9595.
Find Dr. Richard D’Amico on Google +
Based on the strength of his credentials, patient results, and expertise, Dr. D’Amico has been named a “Top Doctor” on RealSelf.com. In order to be a RealSelf “Top Doctor,” a physician must be board-certified, highly rated by his/her patients, and an active participant in educating patients about aesthetic medicine and plastic surgery. Dr. D’Amico is among only 10% of RealSelf doctors to achieve this honor.
Dr. D’Amico has been named on the RealSelf 500 Award as a top-rated board-certified aesthetic doctor! This award honors the top rated, highly engaged and dedicated doctors who have provided positive experiences for patients throughout 2016.
It’s always been a thrill for me to meet new patients who visit my New Jersey cosmetic plastic surgery practice and hear their longing for wholeness in some physical aspect of their lives. It’s especially rewarding to know that I have the skills and the experience to bring them those desired changes through plastic surgery. It’s really quite gratifying and the reason I became a plastic surgeon. When my team and I transform someone’s face or body, it literally transforms the outlook of that person, changing not just the way others see them, but the way they see themselves.
If you have been looking for a plastic surgeon to help you achieve your aesthetic goals, contact our office at (201) 567-9595 or request a consultation online. I look forward to meeting you, hearing your story and helping you see yourself in a new way. You will never feel pressured to choose surgery and you will even have a second consultation visit (included with your fee) to bring along family or loved ones and ask follow-up questions.
Regis High School
New York, NY
University of Wisconsin
B.S.- Cum Laude
New York University School of Medicine
New York, N.Y.
Intern in Internal Medicine
Georgetown University Medical Center
Resident, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
New York, N.Y.
Chief Resident, 1982-1983
National Merit Finalist 1968
New York State Regents Scholarship in Medicine 1972
ASPS Presidential Award 2013
- “Cancer of the Skin”, Chapter in Management of the Patient with Cancer
W.B. Saunders, 3rd Ed., (Co-Author with N.E. Hugo) 1986
- “Regulatory Issues in Ultrasonic Lipoplasty”, Chapter in Plastic Surgery
Clinics of North America, Vol. 26 #2, April, 1999
- Expert Panel Discussion: “Unsatisfactory Results of Liposuction”, Aesthetic
Surgery Journal, July/August, 1999
- “A New System – Tort Reform and the Latest Requirements in Plastic Surgery
Litigation” Plastic Surgery Products, February 2004
- State taxation on cosmetic surgery: guilt trip or smokescreen?
Rohrich, RJ, D’Amico, RA, Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery, June, 2005
- Use of regenerative human acellular tissue (AlloDerm) to reconstruct the
abdominal wall following pedicle TRAM flap breast reconstruction surgery
Glasberg SB, D’Amico RA, Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery, July, 2006
- Plastic surgery is real, not reality TV” D’Amico R, Virtual Mentor,
- “Mortality In Outpatient Surgery” Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery,
- Risks and opportunities for plastic surgeons in a widening cosmetic medicine market: future demand, consumer preferences, and trends in practitioners’ services, D’Amico RA, Saltz R, Rohrich RJ, Kinney B, Haeck P, Gold AH, Singer r, Jewell ML, Eaves F 3rd. Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery, May, 2008
- Discussion, Oncoplastic breast surgery: past, present, and future directions in the United States, Candy JW, D’Amico RA, McGuire MF, Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery, September 2009
- Evidence-based patient safety advisory: malignant hyperthermia, Thornhill ML, D’Amico RA, Plastic Reconstruction Surgery, June, 2010
- First global summit of national plastic surgery societies: joint statement. Webster H, Blondeel P, D’Amico RA, Plastic Reconstruction Surgery, April, 2011
- A report of the ASPS Task Force on regenerative medicine: opportunities for plastic surgery. D’Amico RA, Rubin JP, Neumeister MW, Del Vecchio DA, Cederna PS, Seward W, Shoaf L; American Society of Plastic Surgeons/Plastic Surgery Foundation Regenerative Medicine Task Force. Plastic Reconstruction Surgery, February 2013
- Demystifying the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: i. Understanding agency structure and function. Levi B, Lisiecki J, Rubin P, D’Amico RA, Hume KM, Seward B, Cederna PS. Plastic Reconstruction Surgery, June 2014
- Regenerative medicine and the future of plastic surgery. D’Amico RA, Rubin JP. Plastic Reconstruction Surgery, June 2014
- Demystifying the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: understanding regulatory pathways. Naghshineh N, Brown S, Cederna PS, Levi B, Lisiecki J, D’Amico RA, Hume KM, Seward W, Rubin JP. Plastic Reconstruction Surgery, September, 2014
Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery
Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
Mt. Sinai Medical Center
New York, N.Y.
Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Englewood, N.J.
Former Chief of Plastic Surgery
Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, N.J.
Mt. Sinai Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
American Board of Plastic Surgery – November 1986
Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (A.S.A.P.S.)
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (A.S.P.S.)
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Member, Cleft Palate Association
Member, Lipoplasty Society of North America
Member, New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
Member, New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons
Member, Bergen County Medical Society
Member, Medical Society of New Jersey
Member, American Medical Association
REGIONAL AND NATIONAL APPOINTMENTS (PRESENT)
- Chair, Taskforce on Regenerative Medicine American Society of Plastic Surgeons (A.S.P.S.)
- Board of Trustees American Society of Plastic Surgeons (A.S.P.S.) 2011 – 2014
- Chief of Plastic Surgery Englewood Hospital and Medical Center 2000 – 2010
- President American Society of Plastic Surgeons (A.S.P.S.) 2008
- Board of Directors-Executive Committee American Society of Plastic Surgeons (A.S.P.S.)
- Board of Directors American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
(AAAASF) 2000 – 2010
- Innovative Technology Committee American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (A.S.A.P.S.)
- Medical Expert Advisory Panel (Plastic) New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners
- Taskforce on Regenerative Medicine in Plastic Surgery American Society of Plastic Surgeons (A.S.P.S.)
REGIONAL AND NATIONAL APPOINTMENTS (PAST)
- Co-Chair Breast Implant Task Force American Society of Plastic Surgeons (A.S.P.S.)
- Expert Testimony – FDA Breast Implant Advisory Panel
April 11, 2005
- President, New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons 1998-1999
- A.S.P.S. Select Committee to Set Standards of Care (Liposuction and Blepharoplasty) 1988
- A.S.P.S. Legislative Representative from New Jersey to the Federal Action Support Team (FAST) Vice Chairman A.S.P.S. Government Relations Committee
- A.S.P.S. Representative to N.C.I.H. (National Council International Health)
- A.S.P.S. Health Policy Analysis Committee
- A.S.P.S. International Programs Committee
- Chairman Regulatory Evaluation Group (Liaison to Food & Drug Administration) A.S.P.S.
- Presidential Appointee A.S.P.S. Board of Directors, 1999
- Chair Committee on Legislation American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Chair, Regulatory Subcommittee Ultrasonic Lipoplasty Task Force American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Board Member Reconstructive Surgeons Volunteer Program (R.S.V.P.) Coordinating worldwide volunteer plastic surgery
- President Englewood Hospital Physicians Association (I.P.A.) 1993-1995
- President Physician Hospital Organization (P.H.O.) Englewood Hospital and Medical Center 1993-1994
- Medical Management Committee Mount Sinai Health Network
- Medical Executive Committee Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, 1996-1997
- Senior Editor Aesthetic Surgery Journal
- Data Sub Committee Chair A.S.P.S. Task Force on Safety in Out Patient Plastic Surgery
- Board of Trustees – Second Vice President Bergen County Medical Society 1992
- Surgical Director, Healing the Children Midlantic, International Programs
- Surgeon Interplast Reconstructive Plastic Surgical Team, Performing pediatric reconstructive surgery on indigent children, San Pedro Sula, Honduras, May 1983
- Co-Director Reconstructive Plastic Surgical Team Performing pediatric reconstructive surgery on indigent children Gujurat Province, Northwest India, March 1987
- Surgical Director Healing the Children Plastic Surgery Team Organized, planned, recruited and directed this charitable surgical team Performing over 55 reconstructive surgical procedures on needy children Tamazunchale, Mexico, 1989
- Organizer, Speaker, and Panel Moderator Plastic Surgical Educational Foundation International Symposium on Overseas Volunteer Surgery, Tuscon, Arizona, March/April, 1990
- Surgical Director Healing the Children Plastic Surgical Team Site visit to triage children and inspect facilities for future surgical trips Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa, March 1989
- Surgical Director Healing the Children Plastic Surgical Team
Surgical trip performing pediatric reconstructive surgery on indigent children:
Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa, November 1991
Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa, March 1995
Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa, January 1997
Nairobi, Kenya East Africa, January 1999
Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa, February 2001
- Surgical Director Healing the Children Plastic Surgical Team. Surgical trip performing pediatric reconstructive surgery on indigent children: Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic, May/June 1992, Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic, May 1993
- Contributing Plastic Surgeon-Healing the Children, Midlantic Donating plastic surgical care for the indigent children of developing countries brought to the U.S. for surgical treatment
- GOOD MORNING AMERICA RE: Latisse, January 3, 2009
- THE MORNING SHOW WITH MIKE AND JULIET Luxury Plastic Surgery Packages, May 29, 2008
- TODAY SHOW RE: Kuleba Death March 25, 2008
- TODAY SHOW, RE: Consumer Smarts; Fact or Fiction about Exercise, August 6, 2007
- TODAY SHOW, WEEKEND EDITION, FDA Approval of Silicone gel implants, November 18, 2006
- NEWS 12 TO YOUR HEALTH, RE: Update on Breast Implants, December, 2005
- NBC New York, TODAY SHOW, Channel 4, RE: Breast Implants And Breast Augmentation, November, 2005
- MS-NBC Interview RE: Silicone Gel Breast Implants, August 9, 2005
- NBC New York, TODAY SHOW, Channel 4, Plastic Surgery & Teenagers, October 14, 2004
- NBC New York, TODAY SHOW, Channel 4, Plastic Surgery & Reality TV, April 13, 2004
- FOX News July 2004 Terrorism & Overseas Volunteer Surgery
- News 12 New Jersey, Pain Management in Plastic Surgery, June 24, 2003
- NBC New York, Channel 4, New Techniques in Liposuction, May, 2003
FOX Network – New Techniques in Liposuction, April, 2000
- Good Morning Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya, 1999 Volunteer Plastic Surgery Team
- CNN Headline News – Advances in Plastic Surgery, 1998
- News 12 To Your Health, 1998 (Fitness, Nutrition and Liposuction)
- What’s New In New Jersey with Lee Leonard, discussing new surgical technologies, May, 1996
- NJN Healthcall with Karen Hasby-Discussing new technologies in aesthetic surgery, February 1996
- “Our Town” Educational Programming-Comcast Cable on Cosmetic Surgery, November 1993
- Health Check Educational Programming-Cablevision discussing TRAM flap reconstruction immediately following mastectomy for Breast cancer, September 1993
- New Jersey Nightly News Channel 21 (PBS) Women and Cancer Panel member discussing Immediate Breast Reconstruction following Mastectomy for breast cancer, October 7, 1992
- Mamba Leo (Good Morning Kenya) Nairobi, Kenya – 1992
- TV 10 – News coverage of Press Conference Breast Implant Controversy with Congressman Robert Torricelli, January 27, 1992
- Cablevision Channel 19 – Report from Trenton, Panel member, Representing physician’s viewpoint on auto insurance medical, Reimbursement in the State of New Jersey with State Senator Gerald Cardinale moderating
- CNBC, Live, National Prime Time Program (Cable) Invited Expert on Liposuction, June 1989
- BBC – London, Radio interview regarding FDA Regulatory impact on new plastic surgery technologies in the United States
- WCTC-AM – Segment discussion of TRAM flap reconstruction as a method available for breast reconstruction immediately following mastectomy for breast cancer, October 1992