At some point in the aging process, we all start to see sunscreen in a different light. Of course, there’s the realization that perhaps you should have worn a little more of it. Also, many patients at my New Jersey plastic surgery practice describe reaching an age where their run-of-the-mill sunscreen formula just isn’t cutting it.
You didn’t always need anti-aging creams or professional skin care products. A basic moisturizer was enough to do the trick. But the day comes, usually just north of 30, when you feel you need a little “more.” So you make a commitment to start actually taking care of your skin. You cringe at the thought of tanning oil and tanning salons. You sample serums, discover retinol, and maybe even consider BOTOX® Cosmetic for preventive measures.
It’s the same story with sunscreen. We grow up trusting a handful of the same brands. Then, as we start to see the signs of aging, we realize we could be getting additional benefits from our SPF. But with so many products on the market, which one do you choose?
In honor of Skin Cancer Awareness Month this May, I wanted to share with you a practice-favorite SPF: JOURNÉE Bio-restorative Day Cream with PSP® Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30. Yes, it’s a long name. But it has a long list of benefits to match. Here’s what makes it more than just a sunscreen:
- It contains PSP®, which stands for Processed Skin Cell Proteins. PSP was developed by Swiss researchers to harness the power of human growth factors and reduce the signs of skin aging.
- It offers UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection.
- It’s rich in hydrating ingredients for radiant skin.
- It contains a powerful mix of antioxidants to protect against environmental damage, including green tea and vitamins C and E.
- It’s also gentle and nourishing on the skin.
Regular application of sunscreen will help ward off skin cancer and premature skin aging. As a bonus, it could also mean cosmetic enhancements such as brow lift or facelift surgery can be delayed until a bit later in life.
If you’re wondering whether JOURNÉE is for you, or you want to explore our variety of other skin care options, I invite you to contact me online for a skin care consultation.